Is that a trick question?

BC: Bear Cat
MK: Momma Kat

Daily conversation - Is that a trick question?:
BC: Oooooh .... pretty!
{Pause}
BC: Ooooh ... even MORE pretty!
{Pause}
BC: YESSSSSSSS! This puzzle piece is perfect for my collection.
MK: Collection?
BC: I've been looking for the perfect piece to complete my "x" collection!
MK: X collection?
BC: The collection containing the "x" key from your laptop!
MK: Wait a ... you know where the "x" key is?
BC: Is that a trick question?
MK: BEAR!
BC: I didn't do it!
MK: You didn't pop the "x" key off my laptop and then bat it away somewhere?
BC: Err ... is that a trick question?
MK: NO!
BC: Yeah. I did that. OBVIOUSLY!
MK: Where is it?
BC: I don't know.
MK: I thought you said it was in a collection!
BC: It is!
MK: Then where's the collection?
BC: Is that a trick question?
MK: NO!
BC: RATS!
MK: So where is it?
BC: What?
MK: THE "X" KEY!
BC: This puzzle piece will DEFINITELY complete the collection!
MK: No. Just no. This is my puzzle and I need all the pieces!
BC: You don't usually let that stop you.
MK: What do you mean?
BC: You don't let a heap of lost marbles stop you! In fact ... you miss A LOT and it's like you don't even realize it! I mean, you've had a few screws loose for years.
MK: {sigh}.
BC: Can I have this puzzle piece?
MK: NO!
BC: Sheesh. You're in a bad mood!
MK: I'm trying to put together a puzzle, Bear!
BC: So you said. But this piece goes perfectly with the "x" key and the pink pen and your toothbrush and the charger from when your brother was here and your watch ...
MK: You have all those things?
BC: Is that a trick question?
MK: NO!
BC: Maybe.
MK: Give them back.
BC: Phht. I'm insulted! 
MK: Because I won't let you have a piece?
BC: No.
{Pause}
BC: Yes.
{Pause}
BC: Is that a trick question?
MK: {sigh}.
BC: If I can't have the piece for my collection, can I eat it?
MK: NOOOOOO!!! You can't have any of the pieces. For any reason!
BC: If you want to figure out something and solve a puzzle ... I'm here.
MK: Yeah. The last time you "helped" me, I spent an entire day looking for all the pieces.
BC: Phht. I'm a cat. I don't "help" you. There's not enough help in the world for you.
MK: Then what are you talking about?
BC: You're doing a puzzle with cute kittens on it! If you want to solve a cat puzzle, you don't understand me at all!
MK: You think I should solve the puzzle of you?
BC: Is that a trick question?
MK: Quit saying that!
BC: Then quit trying to trick me!
MK: I'm not.
BC: Hmph. If you want to spend time figuring, it should be in figuring me out.
MK: Haha. I've given up hope on that one. NOT going to happen.
BC: HEY!
MK: Hey what?
BC: HEY! It's not MY fault you don't have the intellectual capacity to figure me out! 
MK: As if THAT were the problem.
BC: What's that supposed to mean?
MK: You're the smarty-cat.
BC: I HATE YOU! You have a cute cat RIGHT HERE and you'd prefer to do a puzzle with kittens on it! This is almost bad as all those cat videos you watch! HMPH. I mean, REALLY! You watch 'cats being jerks' videos ALL THE TIME ... but I try to give you real life jerky cat material and you get mad at me instead of laughing!
MK: Maybe because you don't do it to entertain me. You just want attention!
BC: EXACTLY!
MK: Just like this morning when you lounged on the counter while I unloaded the dishwasher.
BC: My food bowl was in there! I didn't want you to forget about it!
MK: Bear, you had a pile of kibble on your mat. You could've eaten whenever you wanted.
BC: That's not the point!
MK: Then what's the point?
BC: Is that a trick question?
MK: ARG!
BC: Maybe if you paid attention to me, I wouldn't have to get your attention!
MK: I spend most of my day paying attention to you!
BC: Exactly! You just admitted that you don't spend ALL your day paying attention to me!
MK: This is ridiculous.
BC: EXACTLY! It's ridiculous that you don't pay attention to me all the time.
MK: So you steal my desk chair?
BC: Is that a trick question?
MK: {sigh}.
BC: No. I steal your desk chair because it annoys you.
MK: Because you want attention.
BC: NO!
{Pause}
BC: YES!
{Pause}
BC: RATS! You don't know EVERYTHING!
MK: Why else would you jump in the chair the second I get up ... even if I'm only up for a few seconds to grab something?
BC: Is that a trick question?
MK: That's it!
BC: Where are you going?
MK: {mockingly} Is that a trick question?
BC: WHAT? No! I want to go with ...
{Pause}
BC: HEY! LET ME IN! I want to be in the closet with you!
MK: NO! I've had enough of your trick question nonsense.
BC: LET ME IN! I know you have tasty whole chickens in there!
MK: You've GOT to be kidding me!
BC: Is that a trick question?
MK: IT WASN'T A QUESTION!
BC: Sheesh. Are YOU in a bad mood! Wait a ...
{Pause}
BC: HEEEELLLLLO, puzzle.
MK: If your paw touches my puzzle, you'll be grounded.
BC: I'm already grounded! I'm ALWAYS grounded. And I'm grounded well into my ninth life already. Finders keepers, losers weepers!
MK: PAWS OFF!
BC: But I only have ONE paw on the ...
{Pause}
BC: RATS! SEE! You always trick me!

Featured posts of the day:

47 comments

  1. Well Bear, we have to give you credit, that you didn't just spread all those puzzle pieces all over the floor. That is sure what we would have done with those pieces. You all have a great day.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. WHAT?!?! RATS! Why didn't I think of that? I should've thought bigger than one piece! ~Bear Cat

      Delete
  2. Life with humans sure can be a chore, can't it, Bear? The kitties here say take that puzzle and run with it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hehehehe. All I need is ONE piece and my Momma will never get over that she couldn't complete the puzzle ;) ~Bear Cat

      Delete
  3. LOL, this is why I rarely have pieces of anything out. . .

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yep. Sometimes my Momma forgets ... and I remind her why she doesn't leave things like this out. She should thank me! ~Bear Cat

      Delete
  4. I wouldn't attempt a jigsaw puzzle anymore than I'd attempt to put up a Christmas tree. I might as well just dump the box of pieces all over the house myself!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yep. Sometimes my Momma forgets ... and I remind her why she doesn't leave things like this out. She should thank me! ~Bear Cat

      Delete
  5. We're certain you are only taking those things for "safe keeping," right? *wink wink*

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Err ... YEAH! EXACTLY! In fact, it's SO safe, I might not even remember where it is! ~Bear Cat

      Delete
  6. MOL ! We're sure you take good care of all the items of your collection ! Purrs

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I do! Each item is a hard won victory ... each with a story! ~Bear Cat

      Delete
  7. Your collection is very impawtant. You have to take care of it. Why can't your mom see this ?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Exactly! Each item is a hard won victory ... each with a story! ~Bear Cat

      Delete
  8. This isn't a trick question. I really want to know. Did you get the puzzle piece??

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hmmmmm We don't know anythin' 'bout these puzzle things Bear, but we've heard peeps get real annoyed when they work fur hours only to find they're missin' a piece and can't complete said puzzle. MOL You be lookin' extra cute today, did ya' finally get a bite of chicken? As fur your collection, have ya' ever thought 'bout hidin' moneys? Mommy used to have a kitty dat stole and hid money. No change mind ya', just bills. You know, da green kind. When mommy furinally found her stash, she had over a hunnerd dollars. MOL Just a thought. Big hugs

    Luv ya'

    Dezi and Raena

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hehehehe. All I need is ONE piece and my Momma will never get over that she couldn't complete the puzzle ;) WHOA! $100?!?! Surely that's enough for a tasty whole chicken farm, right? I'm going to stop hunting Momma's toys and go straight to the moolah! ~Bear Cat

      Delete
  10. Bear, I don't think you look the least bit puzzled!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hahahaha. Okay, okay, that had me rolling on the floor laughing! ~Bear Cat

      Delete
  11. Peeps and their trick questions... MOUSES!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know you understand, Seville! They're always trying to trip us up and make us admit to things we ... err ... DIDN'T do ;) ~Bear Cat

      Delete
  12. Bear in all my years of living here (almost 15) I have come to realize everything out of the mom's mouth is a trick question...especially
    when she says Madi are you hungry? Is she nuts? Did she fall on her head or have her brain sucked out by aliens? So rather than give her the time of day I just STARE.
    Good buddy take that puzzle piece and run that will drive mama bonkers
    Hugs madi your bfff

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hehehehe. All I need is ONE piece and my Momma will never get over that she couldn't complete the puzzle ;) You're right though! They always say the most obvious things! "There's my handsome boy!" "Are you hungry?" "Look at that ferocious tiger!" Simpletons! ~Bear Cat

      Delete
  13. It's amazing how we cats get blamed if there is one piece missing to any puzzle - no matter what kind of puzzle it is. M says the look on your face in hte pictures, she's let you have anything you wanted! Who could resist those looks.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My Momma, apparently!!! I always knew there was something wrong with her! ~Bear Cat

      Delete
  14. Your Momma is so brave to leave a puzzle near you. My cats would have taken half the pieces and chewed them.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hehehehe. All I need is ONE piece and my Momma will never get over that she couldn't complete the puzzle ;) ~Bear Cat

      Delete
  15. I bet if that had been a tortie kitten on the puzzle you'd have snitched more than one piece!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh! Oh! I want a 'piece' of that!!! Yep. I'll have LOTS of pieces of tortie hotness! ~Bear Cat

      Delete
  16. Humans are always trying to trick us cats...but we know they can't...right, Bear?? Now take that puzzle piece...no...better yet, take as many puzzle pieces as you want...and run!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hehehehe. All I need is ONE piece and my Momma will never get over that she couldn't complete the puzzle ;) But I like your idea ... take what I want! ~Bear Cat

      Delete
  17. Bear Darling,
    Yous makes mes laughs...and yous reminds mes of mes when mes was young.
    Kisses
    Nellie

    ReplyDelete
  18. All we can say is, we think Momma's puzzle is doomed. :)
    Jan, Wag 'n Woof Pets

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me too! All I need is ONE piece and my Momma will never get over that she couldn't complete the puzzle ;) ~Bear Cat

      Delete
  19. Uh oh! We have an "x" collection too, Bear... with all kinds of things that the mom and dad don't even realize are missing! MOL! They haven't done any puzzles so we don't have puzzle pieces in our collection, but that would be a great addition! We say you should just take the puzzle piece without asking...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're right. I shouldn't have asked ... especially since I'm going to take it anyway :) ~Bear Cat

      Delete
  20. HI Bear! You have a collection of X's, enquiring minds need to know, does that include Vin Diesel, perchance? he'd be really handy to wrangle those tasty chickens for you! Purrs, ERin PS. Best keep your collection under wraps, as apparently there are special agents in the FBI who investigate X files!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No one told me that! Do you think my Momma is working with them? ~Bear Cat

      Delete
    2. Hmm, if strange and spooky things are happening around you, then yes, I bet she is. On the other paw, it could just be a cover up. Purrs, ERin (No X's, or Y's, or for that matter, Z's!)

      Delete
  21. Love the expressions on your face, Bear!

    Purrs xx
    Athena and Marie

    ReplyDelete
  22. Trick questions are the worst! BTW, sure am loving your re-designed header. I'm behind on reading blog posts so if this was done in the past two weeks, sorry, I haven't gone through all the outstanding reads yet. Happy weekend!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you on the header! Momma put a lot of work into it. No apologies necessary among friends :)

      Delete
  23. It's always tricky doing puzzles with cats around. Can't tell you how many pieces have gone missing and likely added to someone's collection. Btw, does grounding a cat actually work?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. All I need is ONE piece and my Momma will never get over that she couldn't complete the puzzle ;) About being grounded ... No. My Momma just likes saying I'm grounded. ~Bear Cat

      Delete

If you have trouble posting a comment, please let us know by e-mail: cats@mommakatandherbearcat.com. THANK YOU FOR STOPPING BY!