Thanksgiving {kind of}

BC: Bear Cat
MK: Momma Kat

Daily conversation - Thanksgiving {kind of}:
BC: Do de do ... 
{Pause}
BC: I'm not putting up with your disrespect, you stupid pen! HI-YAH!
BC: Wha?????
{Pause}
BC: AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH! It's got me! IT'S GOT ME! I'm going to die! AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!
MK: {walking into the room} What's going on?
BC: AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!
MK: Bear!
BC: AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!
MK: Why do you have a post-it stuck to your back?
BC: AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!
MK: BEAR!
BC: AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH {jumping up on the table and launching off the other side} OOFFF!! AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH! {the post-it flies off mid-flight}.

{Pause}

BC: {breathing hard} {PUFF] {HUFF} {PUFF} {HUFF} {PUFF} ...

MK: Bear?
BC: {PHEW} That was CLOSE! I almost died, Momma!

MK: How did a post-it .... BEAR!
BC: I didn't do it!
MK: Bear, why are there post-its on our stuff?
BC: I was trying to get in the Thanksgiving spirit! I'm thankful for a lot of things! I wanted to count my blessings! But to do that, I had to mark everything.

MK: You don't ACTUALLY count your blessings, Bear. It's not a number. 
BC: WHAT?!? I've been hard at work while you've been sleeping!
MK: How did you get a post-it stuck to your back?
BC: I was working on writing on the post-its ... I got distracted by the pen and I rolled on my back to bunny kick it! Then ... then ... next thing I know ... A POST-IT was trying to EAT ME!
MK: You could fix that really easily, Bear.
BC: How?
MK: STOP PHUNKING WITH MY POST-ITS!
BC: Rats!
{Pause}
BC: Ummm ... err ... RATS!
{Pause}
BC: Give me that pen! {indiscriminate scratching}. VOILA!

MK: Now you're not thankful for post-its though you've liberally used them all over the place?
BC: I don't think you appreciate my recent trauma, Momma! All seven of my lives flashed before my eyes!
MK: Seven?
BC: Well, I've only USED seven, Momma. If I'd used all NINE, my lives would be over. OBVIOUSLY. And anyway, those seven have been busy!
MK: Bear, you sleep sixteen hours a day!
BC: Well, yeah. But the other eight are PRETTY INTENSE!
MK: Yeah. When you beat the stuffing out of the Kleenex box earlier, it could've gone either way there for awhile.
BC: What are you ... HEY! I OWNED that box! And I do other cat things ... ALL THE TIME!
MK: Like?
BC: Sheesh, Momma. You're not very thankful! I keep you safe from intruders ... I keep the natives in line ... I mean, teddy alone requires a lot of smackdown to behave!
MK: Smackdown isn't a verb, Bear.
BC: {mocking} Smackdown isn't a verb, Bear.
{Pause}
BC: When I do it, Momma, it's a verb ... a noun ... AND an ... an ...
MK: Adjective?
BC: EXACTLY! The least you could do is be THANKFUL that you don't have to constantly watch your back!
MK: Oh?

BC: Well, I didn't mean that LITERALLY. I'm a cat after all! You'd be a fool not to watch your back!
MK: Yeah. What a surprise! 
{Pause}
MK: {looking around} Bear, you kind of miss the spirit of Thanksgiving ...
BC: What?
MK: These have conditions on being thankful!
BC: Well, I mean why would I be thankful for something that's not MY WAY?





MK: Bear, you used the post it on the bathroom mirror to compliment yourself! How's that being thankful?
BC: Oh, so you're Miss "I do thankful right?" I'm thankful for stuff without conditions!
MK: Bear, these things are mine!
BC: Well, that's not really a Thanksgiving attitude, Momma! MINE MINE MINE MINE!! Sheesh.
MK: Or they're part of the house!
BC: Just because it's part of the house doesn't mean we can't be THANKFUL for it, Momma!
MK: Well, I understand, I just meant that they're not actually YOURS.
BC: Sheesh, Momma. It's not MINE or YOURS ... it's OURS. 
MK: Oh, yeah? Want to share that desk chair with me?
BC: I think NOT. We've had the conversation about sharing selfishness HOW many times?
MK: I thought you said the stuff was OURS.
BC: Well, only the stuff that's not mine is OURS.
MK: So my bed is yours?
BC: No! OBVIOUSLY not. MY bed is mine! My couch is mine. My blinds are mine. My kitchen table is mine.
BC: ... My pen is mine ...
MK: And you claimed I didn't have the Thanksgiving attitude ... you just said, "mine," FIVE TIMES.
BC: Well, YEAH. But only about what is MINE!
MK: I do see that you are thankful for other things as well. That's nice.
BC: So what are you thankful for, Momma?
MK: I'm thankful for you, Bear. I'm thankful for our readers who've become friends and friends who've become readers. I'm thankful for my capacity to love. I'm thankful for ...
BC: {snoring} ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ.
MK: Oh, my sweet, full of cattitude and furry fury, often misguided - but well meaning (most of the time) - Cuddle Bug. You are one of a kind ... and I'm so lucky I found you.
BC: IF SO ...
MK: AHHH! Holy crap! Give me a heart attack!
BC: ... WOULD IT REALLY KILL YOU TO GIVE ME TASTY WHOLE CHICKENS?!?!
MK: Thanksgiving, Bear. Thanksgiving.
BC: Your "Thanksgiving," my pooped on dreams!
MK: Maybe if you kept your poop in your litter box, that wouldn't happen!
BC: I like to think outside the box! {YAWN}. I'm most thankful for quiet! HINT! HINT!


Featured posts of the day:

32 comments

  1. It's very impawtant to be thankful. Clearly, Bear, you're doing a great job here.... Purrhaps your mom could learn from you ?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Exactly! Though I'm not sure all the things I could teach her would be appropriate in good company ... ~Bear Cat

      Delete
  2. MOL...That was PAWSOME...and very funny too, BearCat and MommaKat. You two are such a lovely team and you really hit the nail on everything what Thanksgiving means. *post-it: We are thankful to have you around <3 * and we also want to thank you for your Birthday Wishes for Granny. They really made her day! Double Pawkiss for a wonderful day :) <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We're thankful we can make you laugh ... there's nothing that makes us happier (well, nothing makes Momma happier ... I think a tasty whole chicken might make ME happier ... but don't tell Momma I said that). ~Bear Cat

      Delete
  3. It's very important to be thankful, Bear! You know what I am also thankful for - post it notes! Because without them, my assistant's life would fall into chaos. They are also kind of fun to play with.

    We are thankful for your friendship, too.

    XOXO, Rosie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. True. My Momma's a big list and note maker. A cat just has to be careful of the sticky ... that part's not so great for our fabulous fur! ~Bear Cat

      Delete
  4. That is a bunch of great things to be thankful for indeed! Hey Bear, I like your back office MOL!

    ReplyDelete
  5. MOL MOL...all we can say is you have BOTh left no stone unturned in being thankful! (we in turn are thankful for all the laffs while reading your post)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We're thankful we can make you laugh ... there's nothing that makes us happier (well, nothing makes Momma happier ... I think a tasty whole chicken might make ME happier ... but don't tell Momma I said that). ~Bear Cat

      Delete
  6. WOW-you two have a lot to be thankful for!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. It sure looks like you are thankful for EVERYTHING! And that's a great outlook to have, Bear. I'm thankful for you and Momma Kat and how entertaining and loving you two are. Hope you have a wonderful Thanksgiving and that there's a tasty whole chicken, er turkey?, in it for you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. {sigh} maybe some day on the tasty whole chicken. It's a good thing cats have nine lives because I think it's going to be a long wait! Sending hugs to you, Olive, Dexter, and Sophie!

      Delete
  8. You are thankful for so many things that you deserve a whole chicken. Bear.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh Bear, it's okay to actually count your blessings. And we're fankful fur da roof over our heads, so you can be fankful fur da doors and walls and stuffs too. We are all very blest kitties to have luvvin' mommies and waem beds to sleep in and food fur our belly, and so much more. We do hope you get some of whatever's bein' served tomorrow. Big hugs to both of ya'. Happy Fanksgivin'.

    Luv ya'

    Dezi and Raena

    ReplyDelete
  10. Replies
    1. Thank you. Bear and I feel the same way ... and we're both very taken with the gorgeous Mudpie!

      Delete
  11. Happy Thanksgiving to you and your Momma. We're thankful we have such great friends.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Bear, we're thankful that you are you...and make us laugh. :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Happy Thanksgiving Bear. What doesn't your MK unnerstand about cats. don't. share.?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You'd think I'd told her enough! And they wonder why we have to bite them! ~Bear Cat

      Delete
  14. I am thankful to see your adorable face every day. Your turkey legs should be there on Friday- sorry they won't be there for Thanksgiving.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I GOT THEM!!! THANK YOU, THANK YOU, THANK YOU!!! ~Bear Cat

      Delete
  15. LOL - great post and so much to be thankful for! Thanksgiving blessings from all of us at Zee and Zoey’s!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Bwahaha! Once again, you two are making us MOL. Thank you for being you, and for being such awesome pals. Happy Thanksgiving!

    ReplyDelete

If you have trouble posting a comment, please let us know by e-mail: cats@mommakatandherbearcat.com. THANK YOU FOR STOPPING BY!