Less talk-y and more scratch-y

BC: Bear Cat
MK: Momma Kat


Daily conversation - Less talk-y and more scratch-y:
BC: MommmmMMA! In case you didn't notice, it's PAST my wet food treat ti ...
{Pause}
BC: Why is it dark in ...
{Pause as Bear ascertains the situation}
BC: Are you crying? Who died? You NEVER cry! NEVER! Only when ...
{Pause}
BC: Oh, no, no, no, no, no, no ... HEEEEEELLLLL NO!
MK: Bear ...
BC: I TOLD YOU THIS WAS GOING TO HAPPEN!!!
MK: Well, okay, but ...
BC: No. Nope. Nuh uh! Go curl up with a stuffed animal!! I'm ... I'm ... err ... umm ... out of service!
MK: Please? I'm hurting ... I need ...
BC: {sigh} Just as long as you realize that I TOLD you this was going to happen! Boys are BAD! BAD BAD BAD BAD BAD!!!
MK: You're a boy.
BC: And don't you FORGET it!!
MK: But ...
BC: Do I have to explain EVERYTHING to you? I don't trust boys because I'M a boy!!!
MK: Oh.
BC: I want my tiny black cat girlfriend ...
MK: I thought you were into a certain tortie now?
BC: {AHEM} Do you mind? As I was saying ... I want my tiny black cat girlfriend until the second I "have" her and then I run for the hills. It's all great and wonderful until I actually face what I think I want!!! And then there's WORK!
MK: I bet she's worth it. But ...
BC: Okay, okay. I run for under the bed.
MK: At least you're honest.
BC: And I just want to snuggle with her ....
{Pause}
BC: DAMrats! I meant I want to ... I want to ... err ... do BOY things with her.
MK: Ummmm ...
BC: No! I mean ... I mean ...
MK: Because it would be okay if you want to do boy things with other boys ... I love you no matter what.
BC: You know what I meant!!!
MK: I'm delirious. I'm numb. I can't believe I'm having THIS conversation with my NEUTERED cat.
BC: HEY! Who are YOU calling ...
{Pause}
BC: Never mind. Though your history of neutering might come in handy in your situation ...
MK: {bursts out laughing} I love you, Bear.
BC: Yeah, yeah, yeah. No one hurts my Momma except me!!!
{Pause}
BC: Err ... ummm ... I'M NOT GOOD WITH TEARS!!!
MK: Come here ...
BC: But ... but  ... my FUR ... pretty ... befitting a MALE princess ... {sigh} OKAAAY.
MK: Well if you don't want some quality ear rubs ...
BC: No! NO! I'm good! Ear rubs, please! Besides, you're usually too busy to bother with me anymore.
MK: That's not true.
BC: Well maybe it just FEELS that way. On account of your distractions.
MK: Distractions?
BC: Well, I don't get 100% of your attention anymore.
MK: I love you, Bear. That doesn't change even when my life expands for other good things.
BC: GOOD things? Phht. GOOD?!? {sigh} I love you too, Momma. 
{Pause}
BC: But stay away from the boys. Other than me.
MK: Too late.
BC: {sigh} This is going to be a long relationship. A bit of extra catnip wouldn't be so bad to grease the wheels and make me regular again.
MK: Regular?
BC: "Regular" within the bounds of catdom.
MK: Are we talking about your litter box?
BC: Not EVERYTHING is about my litter box! Get your mind out of my litter box!
MK: Did we really just have this conversation?
BC: I'll never tell. Especially with a few more of those back scratches.
MK: Deal.
BC: I love you, Momma.
MK: I love you too, Bug.
BC: Yeah. Yeah. TWO. WORDS. BACK SCRATCHES.
MK: You drive a tough bargain.
BC: I'm a cat.
MK: Good point.
BC: Thank you. Less talk-y and more scratch-y.

Pictures of the Day:
My Momma is obsessed with these desk chair pictures ... OBSESSED! And NOW she's trying to KISS me too!! Oh, the indignity!



Featured posts of the Day:
Did you miss any of the prior posts regarding "the Boy" in Momma's life? "The Boy" was introduced in The boy. Bear meets "the Boy" in Tom, Dick and Harry and The interview.

16 comments

  1. No worries, I am pretty sure you will always be the number one boy in your momma's life. Plus, you control the office chair which means you pretty much control the world ...or something like that.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My Momma's laughing at the desk chair comment. What's so funny?!?!?

      Delete
  2. Well now we're a little confused Bear. Did da boy hurt your mommy, or not? Sounded like you had her all to yourself at furst, but then as ya' went on, sounds like da boy's still 'round?. We say give him a good ole whackypaw and stand on his crotch next time ya' see him. Dat'll teach him a thing ot two. MOL

    Luv ya'

    Dezi and Raena

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We're confused too! Yes, the boy hurt Momma but we're not sure if it's the end or not. There's probably a whackypaw and crotch stand on the menu either way ;)

      Delete
  3. Kitties are the best kind of guys, because they're always there, right, Bear? Bring her a tissue so she doesn't get your handsome stripes wet, but give her lots of snuggles. We know you'll take good care of her.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You will always be your Momma's #1 sweet Bear.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. She knows which boy is most important! Though I could get a few more tasty whole chickens in the deal ...

      Delete
  5. We're confused too! At first I thought the new guy was gone, doesn't matter, as long as she has YOU! catchatwithcarenandcody

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We're confused too! Yes, the boy hurt Momma but we're not sure if it's the end or not. I'm not going anywhere though :) ~Bear Cat

      Delete
  6. A certain tortie, huh? ;)

    Take care of your Mama, Bear. You'll never let her down.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Bear, I'm glad you're being nice to your momma. It sounds like she needs you right now. And I love that bottom picture!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You see what I have to put up with!! Okay, okay ... she's not THAT bad. MOST of the time. ~Bear Cat

      Delete
  8. Bear...you're the only boy your momma needs. You won't let her down.

    ReplyDelete

If you have trouble posting a comment, please let us know by e-mail: cats@mommakatandherbearcat.com. THANK YOU FOR STOPPING BY!