Bear Talks Momma Kat

For those of you who regularly read MK & HBC, you know that Momma usually writes the posts - though I do have my own page {HERE} for when I want to share the "real" way things went down. But this time, Momma let me do an entire post by myself! She found the following list of questions on Facebook and thought it'd be fun to get my opinion.

The original instructions said, "WITHOUT ANY prompting, ask your child these questions and write down EXACTLY what they say. It is a great way to find out what they really think. When you re-post put your Child's age."

So I'm not a "child," and this isn't Facebook, but I am a nine year old cat - who loves my mommy. At least most of the time. And I ALWAYS have a lot to say!


Me and my Momma: ***LOVE***
 

1. What is something mom always says to you? 
"I love you Bear" 
"You're a loud kitty cat!" 
"Where's my kitty cat?" 
"How's my boy?" 
"You're such a good boy" (she isn't being condescending, she says it when I'm rubbing up against her or I jump on her lap - she says it in admiration, not because I'm being "good" in the traditional sense)
And the ubiquitous "BEAR!"

2. What makes mom happy? 
Cuddling and playing with me
Being productive
Mike, Alison, Noah & Sarah (her brother's family)

3. What makes mom sad?
Not being around me. 
When people don't take their responsibilities seriously (ex. toward children or animals). 
When she reads stories about abused, abandoned, hurt or homeless animals.
When people treat her poorly (I'm excluded from this of course, because I'm cute and that makes it all better. Plus, when I act like that it's not being mean, I'm just asserting my right to cat. BIG difference).

4. How does your mom make you laugh? 
By being clumsy. I've seen it all. Dumping my entire water bowl on herself. Dropping an open can of cat food so that it sprays all over the kitchen (and her). Falling off her chair. Falling off the couch. Walking into the door jamb. Walking into the wall. Falling off the counter. Putting stuff in the dryer and then forgetting to turn it on.

5. What was your mom like as a child?
She acted more responsibly and adult as a child. I like her as she is now - much more fun!
She wanted a kitty cat like me.

6. How old is your mom?
After we play and she's getting up, she always moans and tells me she's old. So she's old. I might be brave, but I know better than to ask any more questions. She's tough. She'll live forever. She'd never let anything win and take her out (and I should know!).

7. How tall is your mom? 
Too big. If she were my size, she couldn't force me to do things. Totally sucks. But she doesn't have a tail (or claws or fangs) of mass destruction - so my having them kind of levels the playing field.

8. What is her favorite thing to do? 
Cuddling with me. 
Reading and crossword puzzles (when I let her).
Learning about random things (she's a bit of a nerd).

9. What does your mom do when you're not around? 
Cries. Freaks out because she is so used to me being around that she thinks something's wrong when she doesn't hear me. She walks around, lost, not knowing what to do (OK, sometimes she does this even when I am around - but when I'm not, it's more desperate and listless).

10. If your mom becomes famous, what will it be for? 
The blog she created about ME! I'm great material!

11. What is your mom really good at? 
Ear rubs. Back scratches. Tummy rubs. 
Doing what I want her to do. 
Adjusting her behavior when it clashes with mine.
Finding little ways to make my life better - just because she can.

12. What is your mom not very good at? 
Being a cat. 
Resisting petting me - she claims I'm so cute and she just has to pet me - but sometimes I'm focused on other things (like hunting or keeping up my "street cred"). 
Being mad at me. 
Being away from me.

13. What does your mom do for a job? 
Love me. It's a FULL TIME job.

14.What is your mom's favorite food? 
Everything. That's why she never shares!

15.What makes you proud of your mom? 
That she is so good at being my mommy. She sees what I need and makes the adjustments in her behavior so that she can give it to me. She always takes me into consideration and does what's best for me even when she doesn't want to (or I fight her). 
Also, when she stands up for herself to people who characteristically treat her poorly.
That she started the blog about me even when she was sure no one would want to read what she said (she doesn't think too highly of herself or her abilities - but she knew I'd be a star).

16. If your mom were a character, who would she be? 
The pink panther. 
Or Elmer Fudd (though she'll never hunt).
Maybe Jon from Garfield? (Unlike Garfield, I HATE cheese - so no pizza or lasagna for me)

17. What do you and your mom do together? 
Cuddle. 
Play with my micey or my string. She's even made me special toys that are extra fun. 
Sometimes we chase one another back and forth through the house. She always laughs and I like that.

18. How are you and your mom the same? 
We both act tough but are just huge softies at heart. Our fierceness is only rivaled by our extraordinary capacity for love.

19. How are you and your mom different? 
She's not a cat. 
She won't lick my butt.
She doesn't have a tail. Or fangs. Or claws. Major disadvantage for her.

20. How do you know your mom loves you? 
She adopted me off the street when I was homeless, hungry, and had no family. 
She goes out of her way to make sure I know she loves me. When I'm on the counter (though I'm not supposed to be) she doesn't worry about reinforcing bad behavior and gives me some ear rubs anyway. Even when she's in a hurry, she always stops to pet me. 
At first when I lived with her, she'd tense up when I cuddled in next to her and she had problems sleeping. She was more aloof about snuggling. She knew I needed to have more physical attention, so she kept encouraging me to snuggle and ended up changing herself because that's what I needed. Now she gets grumpy and can't sleep if we don't snuggle.

21. What does your mom like most about your dad? 
Nothing. He's a big dodo. She's a really bad judge of character - Kitty and I knew immediately (and Kitty and I hardly ever agreed on anything). He hasn't seen me in YEARS - and he's just fine with that - which shows you he has a few screws loose.

22. Where is your mom's favorite place to go?
To her brother's house - with Alison, Noah and Sarah. She gets sad that I stay home, but it's the only other time she's happy, besides when she's with me.

23. What nicknames has your mom given you?
Love Bug, Bear-ka-sprinkles, Fuzzbutt, Mr. Katt, BearKat, Biter Kitty, Lover Kitty, Chirpy Cat, Big Boy, Momma's Playful Kitten, Snugglebutt, Snugglepuss, Snugglebug, SnugButt, Puddy Tat, $#!+ disturber, pain in the butt . . . she has a gazillion and keeps adding more!

Do you have any questions you want to ask me about Momma or anything else? I LOVE to talk about myself (and Momma) - so comment below or contact us via the contact form or by e-mail!

~ Bear

No comments

If you have trouble posting a comment, please let us know by e-mail: cats@mommakatandherbearcat.com. THANK YOU FOR STOPPING BY!